Are you looking forward to a relaxing, social, and exciting retired life? If so, the incredibly picturesque region of Texas Hill Country is the place to be. This beautiful region is home to numerous 55+ communities, retirement communities, fun amenities, social activities, and breathtaking views around every corner. Situated in central Texas, Texas Hill Country is home to endless outdoor adventures, peaceful surroundings, and many family-friendly areas, making it an ideal location for an active 55+ lifestyle.
Living in Texas Hill Country will give you close access to scenic rivers and lakes, charming wineries, and natural areas for exploration. Austin and San Antonio are the two largest cities within Texas Hill Country which mean there is an abundance of fun events, premier music festivals, live music venues, top-rated parks, historical museums, sports events, brunch spots, theaters, and world-famous attractions like the Alamo. Trying to decide where you or a loved one will retire can get easily overwhelming. As a trusted senior moving company, we created this list of the top 7 retirement communities in Texas Hill Country to make things easier.
What is a 55+ Community?
A 55+ community is also referred to as an active adult community or a retirement community. Here, residents live in a family-friendly environment that is an age-restricted environment. This means no residents under 55 and certainly no young adults or kids running around. The majority of active adult communities don’t provide healthcare services or on-site dining, unlike other senior housing. Nonetheless, those over the age of 55 will get to enjoy comfortable homes, fun amenities, convenient features, and exciting activities of your interest.
Benefits of Living in Texas Hill Country Retirement Communities
In case you’re unsure that a 55+ community in Texas Hill Country is right for you, remember that they don’t have to be boring! While you’ll get to enjoy a state of peace and comfort, living in a retirement community will also allow you to take advantage of numerous benefits and active activities. For instance, you’ll have the benefit of being near an array of walking parks, theaters, shopping centers, medical facilities, and restaurants.
You’ll have low-maintenance living within the community and enjoy unlimited access to pools, clubhouses, dog parks, and even outdoor recreation like walking trails and sports courts. You can also expect to bond with people of similar ages and interests. Active adult communities allow you to get involved with social activities, social clubs, special interest clubs, and events which all contribute toward a strong sense of community.
Kissing Tree | Gated & Pet-Friendly 55+ Golf Community in Texas Hill Country
From the two-story fitness center to the live entertainment, Kissing Tree is easily one of the best-gated retirement communities in Texas Hill Country. This 1,300-acre and pet-friendly 55+ community is ideal for those seeking an active adult lifestyle and resort-style living.
This community features an 18-hole golf course, hiking and biking trails, tennis & pickleball courts, bocce ball, indoor and outdoor pools, a Biergarten, and a clubhouse that is perfect for socializing and playing games with friends. Here, you’ll find gorgeous houses, darling cottages, and luxury villas of varying styles and sizes so you and your furry best friend can feel most at home.
- Address: 201 Kissing Tree Ln, San Marcos, TX 78666
- Phone: (512) 982-6467
- Housing: single-family, condos, townhomes
- Pricing: ranging from the mid $300s to $1.1 million; residents buy their homes and have access to special financing options
- Amenities: 18-hole golf course, driving range, fitness center, resort pool, clubhouse, billiards, Biergarten, community parks, hike and bike trails, pool tables, pickleball
Affinity at Wells Branch | Rental Texas Hill Country 55 and Older Community with Active Social Scene
Are you a senior adult seeking to live a healthy and social lifestyle based on activity, independence, and security? If so, the pet-friendly Affinity at Wells Branch is the place to call home! As one of the most social 55+ communities in Texas Hill Country, this dog-friendly community offers an active social scene in order to put an emphasis on your own passions and personal growth.
In addition to all the social clubs and events, you’ll get close access to an array of restaurants, shopping, cafes, and parks, as well as on-site amenities such as billiards, a dog park, an indoor saltwater pool and spa, a crafts studio, and much more. Whether you settle into one of their cozy rental studios or comfortable and spacious apartments, this premier active adult community in Texas Hill Country is sure to surpass your expectations.
- Address: 14508 Owen-Tech Blvd, Austin, TX 78728
- Phone: (512) 251-4900
- Housing: studio, 1-2 bedroom apartments
- Pricing: rent ranges from $1,450/mo. – $3,550/mo; residents rent their studio or apartment
- Amenities: game room, billiards, room, dog park, crafts studio, card room, BBQ area, movie theater, fitness center, indoor saltwater pool & spa, internet cafe, workshop
Hill Country Retreat | Luxury Texas Hill Country 55+ Community with Beautiful Scenery & Outdoor Activities
Hill Country Retreat is a luxury resort-style retirement community in Texas Hill Country. This gated community provides an array of outdoor activities, captivating wildlife, beautiful scenery, and close access to the Government Canyon State Park and OP Schnabel Park. Considering this, the Hill Country Retreat 55 and older community is especially attractive for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to the outdoor activities, this community provides several outstanding amenities, including a fitness center, a 28,000-square-foot clubhouse, indoor and outdoor pools, various classes, a ballroom, walking trails, tennis courts, and more. You’ll have over 2,000 luxury family homes to choose from – many of which are new and boast panoramic views and luxurious interiors.
- Address: 12801 Thornbrooke, San Antonio, TX 78253
- Phone: (210) 741-9720
- Housing: single-family homes; there are three home collections to choose from
- Pricing: homes here have a median list price of $343,705; residents buy their homes; HOA fees included
- Amenities: 28,000 square foot amenity center, fitness center, indoor track, walking trails, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, ballroom, hobby rooms, library
Ensemble Senior Apartments | Affordable 55+ Community in Texas Hill Country with Scenic Walking Trails
If you’re looking for an affordable and gated retirement community that promotes your active outdoor lifestyle and maintains frequent property maintenance, living at Ensemble Senior Apartments is an excellent option. Nestled in the heart of central San Antonio, this Texas Hill Country 55+ active adult community provides affordable and stylish studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments with pet-friendly options.
From the theater room to the sparkling pool, residents here can enjoy an abundance of entertainment, socialization, and relaxation, all without spending an arm and a leg. For those who enjoy taking relaxing strolls, you can utilize the community’s serene walking trails and natural ponds that provide a sense of peace and serenity.
- Address: 6701 Blanco Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone: (210) 942-0792
- Housing: studio, 1-2 bedroom apartments
- Pricing: rent ranges from $1,200/mo. – $1,964/mo.; residents rent their studio or apartment
- Amenities: health & wellness center, community pool, theater room, scenic walking trails, cafe, bar, vegetable garden, bar park, outdoor kitchen
Tuscan Village | Upscale Retirement Community in Texas Hill Country within Renowned Resort & Golf
This upscale Texas Hill Country community welcomes active adults 55+ and is situated in the
renowned Horseshoe Bay Resort community – a premier golf destination for golf lovers. This means you’ll have membership opportunities at the resort, including private golf options.
When you’re not busy swinging clubs or relaxing in your low-maintenance townhome, villa, or golf estate, there are several world-class amenities at your fingertips. This includes a clean fitness center, fun social rooms, well-maintained pickleball courts, an outdoor pool for cooling off, and even exciting clubs like the Lifestyle Walking Program.
- Address: 106 Bella Toscana Ave Unit 3108, Lakeway, TX 78734
- Phone: (512) 327-1200
- Housing: townhomes, villas, golf estate homes
- Pricing: homes sell between $700,000 and $900,000; residents buy their homes
- Amenities: outdoor pool, social room, fitness center, pickleball courts
Sun City Texas | Diverse Texas Hill Country Retirement Community with Sports Clubs & 3 World Class Golf Courses
Sun City Texas is the perfect place to call home if you’re an active adult who loves sports, socializing, and resort-style amenities. Located in the city of Georgetown, this gated and culturally diverse Texas Hill Country 55+ community features three fitness centers with tennis courts and resort-style pools, three world-class golf courses, and miles of pristine walking paths.
On top of that, you’ll have access to art studios, sports fields, social activities, and even a lakeside amphitheater. The community further allows you to get involved in dance classes or clubs like the Disc Golf Club and the Sun City Texas pickleball club. You get to choose from eleven new construction single-family home plans – each with its own style, view, and size.
- Address: 701 Silver Spur Blvd, Georgetown, TX 78633
- Phone: (512) 729-1228
- Housing: single-family homes; 11 construction home plans to choose from
- Pricing: the median home price here is $421,000; residents buy their homes
- Amenities: 18-hole golf courses, fitness centers, pickleball & tennis courts, resort-style pools, billiards facility, arts & crafts centers, lakeside amphitheater, dog parks, softball field
Leander Station Senior Village | 55+ Texas Hill Country Community with Wellness Program & Affordable Pricing
If you’re looking for a luxurious active adult community without the costly prices, Leander Station Senior Village is an excellent option! This modern and pet-friendly 55+ community in Texas Hill Country features 1-2 bedroom apartment homes with access to an array of amenities. These amenities include a game room, planned social events, a resort-style swimming pool, and a wellness-promoting program known as “Time to Live Life Well.” This program includes a variety of activities and exercises to help seniors maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Address: 11450 Hero Way W, Leander, TX 78641
- Phone: (512) 260-6700
- Housing: 1-2 bedroom apartments
- Pricing: $1350/mo+ for 1-2 beds; residents rent their homes
- Amenities: resort-style swimming pool, spa, business center, library, arts & crafts room, game room, fitness center, movie theater, beauty/barber salon
Map of Retirement Communities in Texas Hill Country
Eager to start experiencing your best years of comfort, style, and excitement in a Texas Hill Country 55+ community? As soon as you choose your new home, reach out to our Texas Hill Country movers at Unicorn Moving & Storage by calling 512-339-9922 today!